Copyrighted images on Fashiolista. How did they get there?
Fashiolista (“Fashiolista”) is a fashion community where users can create curated lists of their favorite fashion items added from almost any webshop through our browser extension (which we call the "Love Button"), and share these finds in the community. By expressing their style users can inspire others with their style and gain followers. Fashiolista is mainly about the discovery of new items and shops. All content on Fashiolista’s website (the “Site”) is user-generated.
How are images being used on Fashiolista
The image below is an example of a list that can be created by adding items from different webshops. The sunglasses are from Net-a-Porter, the shoes are from The Outnet. The list can be viewed here. Fashiolista always links back to the original website that the image came from, be it a webshop, a blog or any other website. Users can “love” the items, add the items to their own curated lists or click on the link buy the item or learn more about it. This results in hundreds of thousands of clicks to other websites from Fashiolista every month.
Fashiolista takes copyright issues very seriously.
Fashiolista takes copyright issues very seriously and respects the intellectual property rights of others. It expects its users to do the same. If you, as a copyright owner, find copyrighted images on Fashiolista, and have objection to them being there, please let us know and we will take action to remove them.
In accordance with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website through the following link, Fashiolista will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Site that are reported to Fashiolista’s Designated Copyright Agent.
How to report a copyright infringement?
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Fashiolista’s Designated Copyright Agent. You will need to send a written notifcation that includes the following:
- Identify the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed in sifficient detail.
- Identify (i) the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled. Please provide the information reasonably sufficient to allow us locate the material, including at a minimum the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice: "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)." "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Fashiolista’s Designated Copyright Agent: